A true and preserved nature in the heart of the Regional Natural Park of Aubrac, that's what you will find at Camping La Romiguière. The first village is 8 km far away, there is no motorway or national road nearby, let alone a railway line or airport.
Nor are there industries or intensive crops. The main economic activity here is the breeding of Aubrac cows, in small farms where most animals are left free in natural meadows.
The qualities of the air and the water are therefore excellent as attested by the results of the analyzes that the ARS (sanitary agency) does several times a year (available at the town hall or at the campsite reception) and as you will see all days by observing the wealth of wildlife and wild flora at and around the campsite.
At Camping La Romiguière, we actively participate in the preservation of this beautiful environment :
- No use of phytosanitary products
- If necessary, treatment based on nettle or lime manure ("old-fashioned white")
- Mulching (to preserve water and promote soil biodiversity)
- Planting and development of naturally occurring species in the field
- Mechanical or thermal weeding only where needed
- "Mulching" mowing of parcels
- Voluntary maintenance of brownfield areas (not mowed)
- Installation of nesting boxes
- Installation of insect hotels
- Installation of hives to promote polinization
- Installation of hens (to whom you will give your waste and who actively participate in recycling)
- Systematic replacement of conventional bulbs with LEDs
- Installation of flow reducers on faucets and showers to preserve the resource
- Selective sorting
- Information for holidaymakers on the species (animal and plant) present on the campsite
- Priority given to companies and suppliers of local products to limit travel
Here are the animals that have already been seen at Camping La Romiguière. Some live there year-round. Will you recognize them? Be curious and come watch them !